Wednesday 17 October 2012

I spent my 65th Birthday in hospital

After spending five and a half months in hospital (See previous posts) It was inevitable  I would spend one or two important days there. In fact I spent both my hubby's and mine 65th birthdays while there.
His was in July and mine was in September.
He had birthday cakes made for both occasions. but his fell on a Monday and mine happened to fall on a Sunday, which was far better for celebrating.

He arrived at the hospital at midday, with wine, and he then wheeled me to the hospital restaurant, where we had a lovely roast for lunch.............with the wine..........just one glass!!
He then gave me all the cards that had arrived!!!!

I am an admin staff member of Craftersreunited forum, and Lynn there had contacted all the members to see how many would be prepared to send me a card for my birthday.
Well!!!! You haven't seen anything like it.............altogether there were 76..........it took more than an hour to open them all, and they were all absolutely fantastic. And I mustn't forget the lovely watch that was made by Trace from the rest of the admin staff. All that really helped make my day.......Thank you so much ladies.



I got back to my bedspace, and caught one of the nurses flying out, They had decorated my space while I was out of the way, bless them.


Almost time for visitors now. And my son, his partner and my granddaughter Katie arrived. We had a chat for a while and then all the nurses and even a porter came in with my cake and sang Happy Birthday. They were marvellous........all of them......I couldn't fault the care and attention I had while in there. In fact I've made good friends with a couple of them, and they have called round for tea and a chat since I've been home. I think it helped that my friend Kim is Ward Clerk there.

 

 
The cake was made by another friend of ours, and Tony left the theme to her as she knows me pretty well. She chose Bingo, as both me and Tony organise a monthly bingo at our local social club.
All in all a very memorial day..........Thanks to all!!


3 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Well it looks that you had a lovely birthday Val albeit in hospital..such a lovely lot of cards and what a fabulous cake...and new friends as well... Hope your recovery continues..

Anne

Sue said...

Hi Val,I am glad you had a lovely day,and had fun opening your cards lol
Hugs xx

littlebee said...

Lovely to see you blogging again Val and so pleased to see that you had a lovely birthday despite being in hospital. May you continue to recover well and take care........ Sue x